DIY Eyeglass Cleaner (With & Without Alcohol)
Eyeglasses need to be cleaned every time because of the blurred vision, you can see clearly. So if you are fed up of going to the optical shop each time when your eyeglass cleaner gets empty, you don’t have to worry because in this article, you are going to learn the easy and simple way to make your own eyeglass cleaner.
Although, this is the matter of fact that eyeglass cleaners available at optical stores are so much expensive that everybody cannot afford. Your pocket does not feel good to invest a minimum of $6 to $9 every month. So without any further dues, you can make your own at your home.
The smudging and blurred vision is just because of your fingertips when gets touched on your eyeglass. It leaves an oily residue over it and make your eyeglass greasy which can be only removed by using a soap or alcohol.
DIY Eyeglass Cleaner Recipes
There we have brought up two DIY homemade eyeglass cleaner sprays you opt for cleaning it. Now you never go to the optical stores again for getting an eyeglass cleaner.
Method 1: Alcohol-Free Eyeglass Cleaner
You just need two main ingredients to make this eyeglass cleaning spray such as baby wash and distilled water. You have to get the baby wash that is free of any additives like shea butter or cocoa butter. These moisturizers will leave a hazy residue on your glasses.
In case of distilled water, boil a glass of water and cover it with a lid. Once the water has boiled, extract the condensed water underside the lid of your spray.
Things you will need
- Baby wash 2 tsp
- Distilled water 4 tbsp
- In a reusable spray bottle, pour 4 tbsp of distilled water with the use of a small funnel.
- Now add 2 tsp of additive-free baby wash to the spray bottle then secure the cap finely.
- Shake the bottle well so that the contents get mixed well.
Method 2: Dish Soap and Alcohol Eyeglass Cleaner
Mix a little bit of dish soap, rubbing alcohol and some quantity of water then clean the eyeglasses. It will work like a charm to your eyeglasses.
Things you will need
- Rubbing alcohol 2 tbsp
- Dish wash 2 drops
- Water 2 tbsp
- Spray bottle
- Take a reusable spray bottle and pour 2 tbsp of rubbing alcohol containing 2 tbsp of water.
- Now add 2 drops of dish wash into the spray bottle then secure it with a cap properly.
- Shake the bottle so that all the ingredients mix well together.
How to use the eyeglass cleaner spray
- Spray 2 wisps of the solution onto the eyeglass then rub it using an eyeglass cleaning cloth.
- Wipe away any solution residue from the eyeglass.
- This spray can be stored for a long time.
- Try to use only a microfiber cleaning cloth as any other cloths will leave scratch marks on your eyeglasses.
- Choose the baby wash that is free of moisturizers such as shea butter and cocoa butter because it can make your eyeglass hazy.
- Funnel should be clean.
- Instead of dish wash, you may use castile soap.