How to Homemade salted caramel sauce recipe
This caramel, salted, is liquid gold. It’s a favourite recipe for readers, marking its place in the top 10 famous recipes. On everything it touches, it’s sweet, sticky, buttery, and tastes phenomenal. (Although you really just need to enjoy a spoon.) Believe me, you’ll be hooked like the rest of us after trying this 1 time!
How to Make Salted Caramel
Use the following written instructions, but here’s the basic process: melting sugar, which is called caramelization, is the first step. This includes 1 small pot and a heatproof spatula or a wooden spoon. Stir until they’re melted. Stir in the sugar, cook the mixture, stir in the heavy cream and simmer for 1 minute. Lastly, apply salt. That is it, the caramel is done.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) salted butter, room temperature cut up into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup (120ml) heavy cream, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium heavy duty saucepan, heat granulated sugar over medium heat, stirring continuously with a high heat resistant rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Sugar will form clumps and as you continue to mix, it will slowly melt into a thick brown, amber-colored liquid. Take care not to smoke.
- When the sugar is fully melted, stir in the butter until it is melted and mixed. In this step, be careful because when the butter is added, the caramel will bubble quickly. Remove from the heat and vigorously whisk to mix again if you find the butter separating or if the sugar clumps up.
- After the butter has melted and combined with the caramelized sugar, cook for 1 minute without stirring.
- Stir in the 1/2 cup of heavy cream very slowly. As the heavy cream is colder than the hot caramel, when applied, the mixture will bubble rapidly. Stop stirring after all the heavy cream has been added and allow it to boil for 1 minute. In the tub, it will rise as it cooks.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt. Allow to slightly cool down before using. Caramel thickens as it cools.
- Cover tightly and store for up to 1 month in the refrigerator. Caramel solidifies in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or on the stove to desired consistency.
See our other article How to make apple pie moonshine
5 thoughts on “Homemade salted caramel sauce recipe”
It’s actually a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m
happy that you shared this useful info with us. Please stay us
informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
Aw, this was an exceptionally nice post. Spending some
time and actual effort to create a great article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and never seem to get nearly anything done.
Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
This paragraph is actually a pleasant one it assists new internet users, who
are wishing in favor of blogging.
Hello! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects? Thank you so much!