Do your elbows and knees much darker in comparison to the other parts of your body? The main causes behind dark elbows and knees could be accumulation of dead skin cells, frictions, extensive exposure to sun, or a hormonal imbalance. So you must protect these areas from dryness through proper care and hygiene.
Here I am sharing with you 5 best natural remedies that will lighten your darkened knees and elbows.
- Gram Flour / Chickpea flour
Take a bowl, and add 3 tablespoons of yogurt, 2 tablespoon of gram flour and one teaspoon of vinegar.
Mix them well, and apply this paste on your elbows and knees.
Leave it for 15 minutes then wash with cold water.
Follow the process twice or thrice a week for good result.
2. Baking Soda
- Baking Soda
- Take a bowl and add 2 tablespoon of baking soda and enough milk to make a paste.
- Apply it on your elbows and knees and leave it for at least 5 minutes.
- After that, rinse with cold water.
- Follow the process once or twice a week for desired result.
3. Olive Oil and Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Mix one tablespoon of sugar and one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Now take them and apply on your elbows and knees and scrub your skin for at least 5 minutes. It will exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Follow this process once or twice a week.
4. Turmeric Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Rose Water
- Mix some turmeric powder with 1 tablespoon of rose water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your elbows and knees.
- Massage for few minutes and leave it to dry naturally.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Follow this process daily for good result.
5. Coconut Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Lemon Juice
- Take some coconut oil and add few drops of lemon juice.
- Mix them and apply on your elbows and knees and leave it for 20 minutes.
- After that, you can wipe it with tissue paper.
- Follow this process daily to get rid of darkened elbows and knees.